The story tells that in 1270 Walter from Nicosia, ancient Lusignan family of Cyprus, went to Bologna for study, and that while there married a noble lady from Bologna. From here begins the lineage of Isolani who have thus their name to the origins Cyprus.
The dynamics of the family and the industry are not limited to stories passed but still characterize the lives of their descendants who, mindful of their history and eager to maintain the enterprising nature family, are now engaged in many different activities that take advantage of the funds their long history has given them. From this was born the activities of Isolani Meeting through which the palatial residences of the family are open to accommodate events, in perfect continuity with the past in which the Isolani used to organize sumptuous feasts and accommodate guests caliber imperial.
Overlooking St. Stephen’s Square (also known as the Plaza of the Seven Churches), the Isolani Palace offers since centuries it’s porches to one of the most beautiful walks around Bologna. But the architectural complex of Palazzo Isolani which is the fulcrum, conceals many other treasures inside.
The eighteenth-century rooms of the Land Plan, destined today to exclusive events of Isolani Meeting, are richly painted and decorated with damask upholstery and with paintings and furniture of the family. The portraits of the Isolani and the family of the King of Naples Murat James, with which the Isolani intermarried in the early nineteenth century, give this a majestic solemnity of the location, ideal for receptions, weddings, cocktail parties and gala dinners as well as conferences , corporate events, seminars, workshops and press conferences.
Court Isolani is a nice covered passage through Palazzo Isolani joining two of the most suggestive arteries Bolognese: Strada Maggiore and Piazza Santo Stefano. Opened in 1999 during the restoration by architect Marina di Mottola, the Court maintains the complex interlacement of internal courtyards and porches, now used as a pleasant and elegant corners of leisure and rest for passers.
Villa Isolani alla Quaderna
Nestled in a park that stretches over seven hectares, the Villa is a historic country house of the Isolani family. The whole structure, guided by the neoclassical Bologna, suffered a profound renewal in 1805, on the occasion of Napoleon’s visit to Bologna. The villa was enlarged the two side wings and the large park, the first in eighteenth-century style Bologna, it was converted to a design by the architect and landscape architect Sambuy, in exquisite romantic park characterized by patches of forest and winding trails.
This exuberant nature, wild, but never messy, it is the perfect setting for outdoor weddings, wedding receptions, lunches and gala dinners summer, where the wide marquee, which can accommodate up to three hundred people, provides a comfortable shelter.
Not only romantic dates but also conferences, congresses, conferences, concerts and other events that you want to make unforgettable.
The villa also has six internal frescoed rooms in the style “Pompeian” that can Ospi-ing up to two hundred guests seated. For events of important dimensions, as large conventions or proms, weddings and receptions, you can set up additional gazebo for up to two thousand persons.
Rocca Isolani di Minerbio
The Rocca Isolani, built in the fourteenth century, port impressed upon him the traces of history. Rebuilt in the fifteenth century as a result of a fire in 1527 was sacked by imperial Lanzichenecchi on the road of the Sack of Rome and therefore was immediately rebuilt and expanded with the adjacent villa, designed by Vignola, to host in 1530 the Emperor Charles V occasion of his coronation in Bologna. Jewel of tge Rocca is the elegant Dovecote, also designed by Vignola, which is on a slope in outstanding form helical.
The interior of the Rocca opens to visitors an unexpected treasure: the frescoes of Aspertini, made between 1538 and 1542, which adorn the Hall of Mars, the Hall of Astronomy and the Hall of Hercules. The three rooms of the Rocca of Minerbio formed the point of excellence of the important exhibition dedicated to the work of Aspertini, inaugurated in Bologna in 2008, the year of the opening to the public of the frescoes.
La Rocca, with its varied and magnificent scenery, is a fine and appropriate location for important business and private events: conventions, conferences, concerts, conferences, weddings and private parties, including large.
Various and diversified depending on the needs, the rooms are equipped for people:
six dining rooms can accommodate up to two hundred people seated; the splendid Rinasance Court of over four hundred square meters, can accommodate tables for three-hundred people seated; the vast park also offers the possibility to use a tent structure of one thousand five hundred square meters and accommodate the so-called “Prato Fairs”, among the trees, over two thousand people seated.
Dominating the entrance to Strada Maggiore, one of the main streets of Medieval Bologna, is the doorway to the Casa Isolani. This is one of the most interesting examples of Roman-Gothic architecture in Bologna. The tall wood structure marks the beginning of the Corte Isolani, a covered passageway that connects two of the most monumental areas of Bologna.
The complex of Isolani buildings, restored and opened to the public in 1999, still belongs to the family that gave it its name. It crosses the courtyards and atriums that line the shops, offices, and residences, continuing all the way to the Piazza Santo Stefano.
The story goes that in 1270 Gualtiero from Nicosia, Cyprus Lusignan ancient family, went to Bologna to study and during the stay married a noble lady of Bologna. From here begins the House of Isolani who must therefore their name to the Cypriot origins. Family of merchants, mainly silk, the Isolani soon established themselves on the political and economic scenario of Bologna. In the early 1400s Giacomo Isolani, a former member of the General Council and participates in the College of Doctors in the city, he was appointed by Pope John XXIII cardinal deacon and he was given the powers of vicar-general of the Papal getting so big influence in Bologna and not only. The importance of the family grew further before acquiring the title of gonfaloniers of Justice and then obtaining from Pope Leo X, one of the Senators (1505). With their influence grew even wealth and possessions, so the original merchant house in Strada Maggiore (1210), were added before the Palace Islanders, inherited from Lupari (1671), and then the neighboring Palazzo Bolognini (1842) thus forming a ‘unique property of Strada Maggiore and Piazza S. Stephen, who today constitute Isolani’s Palace and Court. In addition to the city’s property Islolani acquired in 1401, thanks to the noble family of the Sforza family, the manor of Minehead, here over the original fortress fortified even before obtaining the feud, are today the villa, designed and built by Vignola for hosting Emperor Charles V on the occasion of his coronation in Bologna in 1530 and later finished by Triacchini. The hard work and the influence of the Isolani continue throughout history: Lords of Minehead up to half of the 700, were for a long time gonfaloniers of Justice and senators of Bologna and had a leading role in the Napoleonic Kingdom first and then the Kingdom of Italy, as evidenced by Alamanno Isolani, Senator standard-bearer of justice and prominent member of the Napoleonic Kingdom (dates) and Francesco Isolani, Senator of the Kingdom of Italy (dates). Thanks to the latter then the family further expanded its holdings with the acquisition, following the marriage with Countess Tattini, Villa of the Isolani near Bologna.
The dynamics of the family and the industry are not limited to stories passed but still characterize the lives of their descendants who, mindful of their history and eager to maintain the old family traditions, are now engaged in many different activities that take advantage of the funds in the their long history has given them. In this context was born the activity of Isolani Meeting whereby the splendid residences of the family are open to accommodate events, in perfect continuity with the past in which the Islanders used to organize parties and lavish guest host of great caliber as the Emperor Charles V. With the same perspective of maintenance and optimal use of family assets Isolani engage in agriculture have long been oblivious of their land from which they get many different products intended partly to their house , much more recent, but no less rich in character linked to the past , located in the beautiful hills of Monte Vecchio , an ancient family estate located in the beautiful hills above Zola Predosa , near Bologna. Old papers , found in the family archives , document that in these lands Isolani were accustomed to produce wine for their cellars as far back as 1456 and since then the barrels were never empty so that the accumulated experience and tradition , today’s descendants have decided to market the wine produced. Since this decision was born on wine called Montevecchio Isolani, product quality DOC and DOCG for some varieties , is bottled in very small numbers and has won numerous awards over the years .